This platform serves to internally guide and externally inform on public policy stances for which we dedicate Holland Children’s Movement time and energy to both pass and protect. The Movement believes that Nebraskans are at our best when we center children and families at the intersection of opportunity and equity. Because of our unique partnerships with Holland Children’s Institute and Family PAC we strategically position ourselves to educate, advocate, and achieve public policy results that work for children and families, in partnership with policymakers and other organizational community partners. In pursuit of public policy that creates a more equitable environment for children and families to thrive, this public policy agenda is constructed on a set of values derived from our mission statement.
- Identify public policy gaps in access, opportunity for children and working families.
- Seek to pass public policies which ensure equitable access to opportunity.
- Amplify the volume of existing public opinion research and data.
- Build public support, civic engagement to engage with public policy.
- Build allyship with policymakers who believe in a sustainable workforce; income equity; family economic mobility; common sense tax policy; affordable, quality child care; and comprehensive healthcare for all.
- Seek partnerships with organizations with commitment to ending poverty, hunger, homelessness, and economic uncertainty.
The Holland Children’s Movement has assembled a list of legislative votes from the 2023 legislative session. These votes are on bills that pertain to the
The Holland Children’s Movement has assembled a list of legislative votes from the 2022 legislative session. These votes are on bills that pertain to the
The Holland Children’s Movement has assembled a list of legislative votes from the 2021 legislative session. These votes are on bills that pertain to the